Castle Ravenloft Adventure

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Castle Ravenloft Adventure

Post  Chucklossus on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:34 am

Falcor lets forth a roar of bloodlust as he strides forward to crush Murk 1 and give the unknown warrior some needed relief

Attack: 38
Damage: 27 lethal

Chucklossus

Posts : 46
Join date : 2010-07-24

Character sheet
Name: Falcor Bloodscale
Class and Level: Monstrous Human lvl 7, Fighter lvl 3
Hit Points:
120/120  (120/120)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Castle Ravenloft Adventure

Post  Red Ninja on Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:31 pm

Seeing the murks hanging back Veraun decides it most beneficial to strike those holding back in reserve. stepping 10ft to the southeast he casts lightning as quickly as possible hoping to catch murks 3 and 5 in a single blast.


Damage:27

(* sidenote *) any extra check needed to perform my actions i must ask admin to either instruct me on or simply roll for me. sorry for the inconvenience.(**)


Last edited by Red Ninja on Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : extra notation)
avatar
Red Ninja

Posts : 82
Join date : 2010-08-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Castle Ravenloft Adventure

Post  Jolly on Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:05 am

Summary
Falcor: to k8, hit-22 damage; -10 Wisdom, granting CA to M1 and M2, +2 attack and damage vs Murk
Veraun: to X8, hit-27 damage (M3 makes save for half), +2 attack and damage vs Murk
Murk 1: hold, miss, bloodied
Murk 2: to j8, crits-Falcor and the warrior each lose 10 Wisdom (ouch!), bloodied
Murk 3: to w8, bloodied (and mad!)
Murk 4: to e12, hits all-Ilsine, Kalleth, Twitch, and Sylvain lose 1 Wisdom, bloodied
Murk 5: to k6, hits-the warrior loses 2 Wisdom. Dies
Kalleth: to D11, hit-20 damage, +2 attack and damage vs Murk, -1 Wisdom
Sylvain: hit-13 damage, +2 attack and damage vs Murk, -1 Wisdom
Urrik (warrior): hit twice-15 damage to each, to L4, -12 Wisdom
Ilsine: hit-31 damage, to I9, +2 attack and damage vs Murk, -1 Wisdom

"You're not too bad with that thing!" cries the man as he pivots and uses the weight of his shield to aid him in his dodge. "I don't know who you are, but if we get out of this I'm buying you a drink!"

Murk 1 lashes out with its mossy arms, but the warrior deftly avoids the creature's touch.

Murk 2 steps forward and seems to unhinge its lower jaw (if such a thing could be called a jaw) and, despite all reason and sanity, manages to both moan and inhale at the same time, as if the whole of the thing was reverberating with sadness, fear, and desperation. Instantly, Falcor and the mysterious warrior feel the same as their mental resolve is devoured by the shanbling thing. The utter emptiness of the things eyes, coupled with its defiance of all laws of nature, makes the effect even more potent.

Veraun's spell narrowly hits Murk 3 but you notice that some electricity seems to course down its plant body and into the ground-you suspect the creature is grounded and that electricity may not prove too potent. It haft shambles, half wafts over to Veraun, eager to prey on the source of its pain.

Murk 4, you notice, seems to draw the grass and moss from the ground into its body as it lumbers over to the party on the road and unhinges its jaw, drawing forth sanity and ease from the minds of Ilsine, Kalleth, Twitch, and Sylvain.

Murk 5 advances and lashes out at the warrior, caressing his shoulder. The man instantly loses more of his mind.

Kalleth rushes forward and strike Murk 5 with his sword, hitting it squarely.

Sylvain fires an arrow into the head of Murk 5, though it barely flinches from such action.

"Damn things! They're in my head!" cries the man as he swings his weapon. "I won't let you take me! Sir Urrik won't die here!" He frantically strikes them and then masterfully tumbles behind him, into the dirt road, his knees bent and his weapon at the ready. "It's a good thing you horrors are from the afterlife, because that's where I'm sending you!"

Sir Urrik hits both Murk 1 and 5 and then tumbles to L4

Ilsine for his part will reach out at Murk 4, his hand glowing with silver light. The Gilded God smiles upon me, but I wonder if he does for you! The light, which would heal any other creature of this world, sears the murk's body, reducing it to a pile of burnt detrius. "Fire and positive energy not only keeps them down, it stunts their healing. Keep that in mind." The aged archivist then runs towards Falcor and Urrik, the Light of Brightwater glowing in his hand."Hang on, lad! I'm coming."

Ilsine casts Cure Serious Wounds on the Murk, dealing a total of 31 damage and killing it.He also uses his Dark Knowledge ability to grant you all +2 to attack and damage rolls against any of the Murks. He moves to I9

OOC: No update tomorrow. Using the info above make your moves and I'll update on Monday.
avatar
Jolly
Admin

Posts : 160
Join date : 2010-07-16

Character sheet
Name:
Class and Level:
Hit Points:
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile http://legionrpg.englishboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Castle Ravenloft Adventure

Post  Red Ninja on Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:28 am

"Positive energy?" Veraun thought as the murk shambled toward him, "I dont think happy thoughts are going to win this." But despite the odd thought he couldn't deny the truth in the old ones words. Without wasting too much time on his internal monologue Veraun fell in into casting once again.

Veraun cast Lesser Orb of Fire at Murk3
avatar
Red Ninja

Posts : 82
Join date : 2010-08-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Castle Ravenloft Adventure

Post  Chucklossus on Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:40 am

Falcor screams in anguish as he feels his self control waning.

Falcor pulls himself together tensing his big muscled body and tightening his grip on his Greathammer, through gritted teeth of rage and desperation Falcor prays, "Master, shield my soul for Fate steals my honor"

Falcor raises his hammer and gives in to his draconic furry, using his entire body simultaneously brings his hammer down and tail up to strike the Murks flanking him.


Full attack
hammer: Murk 1
attack 47
damage 36 lethal
tail: Murk 2
attack 42
damage 29

Chucklossus

Posts : 46
Join date : 2010-07-24

Character sheet
Name: Falcor Bloodscale
Class and Level: Monstrous Human lvl 7, Fighter lvl 3
Hit Points:
120/120  (120/120)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Castle Ravenloft Adventure

Post  Night Breed on Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:17 am

Sylvain fires arrows repeatedly at Murk 4.

First Attack: 26
First Damage: 23

Second Attack: 24
Second Damage: 24

Night Breed

Posts : 4
Join date : 2010-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Castle Ravenloft Adventure

Post  Jolly on Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:02 am

OOC: I incorrectly stated that Murk 5 expired, when instead Murk 4 did so I changed the target

Steel flashes, fire bursts forth-the murks, all of them, expire. Falcor fells two with his weapon and tail as Ilsine uses his spells to ensure they remain down, while Veraun narrowly dodges his attacker's reach and ignites it. Sylvain plugs two arrows into the final murk, causing it to crumble.

Urrik stands now, lowering his weapon (though keeping it in hand, just in case), and smiles.

"My sincerest thanks, strangers. I thought those things had me for sure. I was on my way to Barovia, to see if i could find some of my companions, when I was attacked. I am Urrik of the Scarlet Cascade, traveler, warrior, and humble servant of the Wandering God. And who might you be?"

You now clearly see the drow mage who assisted you, as well, wiping the bits of moss and vine from his clothing.

OOC: Most everyone has taken Wisdom damage. Wisdom recovers by 1 point per 2 hours, or 1 point per hour of rest.

Lore Note: Within this campaign setting drow society almost universally recognizes the Black Sovereign, god of civilization, law, darkness, deception, and power as its sole god. Cults, and even entire cities, however, do exist which revere a demon lord (or lady in this case) named Lolth, demon queen of spiders. Regardless of which patron they choose, drow are duplicious, back stabbing, power hungry, and aristocratic, though Lolth followers have a sexual herioarchy and more inclined towards murder, blood sacrifice, and demon summoning. In other words your first impression of Veraun is, at best, a untrustworthy mercenary and at worst a demon-sworn psychopath.
avatar
Jolly
Admin

Posts : 160
Join date : 2010-07-16

Character sheet
Name:
Class and Level:
Hit Points:
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile http://legionrpg.englishboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Castle Ravenloft Adventure

Post  Chucklossus on Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:44 pm

Holding his head and blinking his eyes wearily, "Sir Urrik, I am Falcor Bloodscale a devout warrior and procurer for the Iron Master, my quest is one of long over due justice. I shall let my companions speak for themselves and though I have never before laid eyes upon this drow, I will not have him punished for the evils of his people"

To Veraun, "Drow! Thank you for your assistance. May I ask what is your name? And what is your business in Barovia?"

Falcor holds his hammer just beneath it's bulk as he continues to rub his head he looks to Kalleth. In Draconic,
Spoiler:
"Brother, I am in much need for rest. I'm having difficulties stemming my more primal urges"

Falcor sits and looks at Ilsine sheepishly, "Is there something you can do for my head father? I feel as if I am less than I was previous to the fight."

Chucklossus

Posts : 46
Join date : 2010-07-24

Character sheet
Name: Falcor Bloodscale
Class and Level: Monstrous Human lvl 7, Fighter lvl 3
Hit Points:
120/120  (120/120)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Castle Ravenloft Adventure

Post  synapse8193 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:40 pm

Kalleth spat a bit of blood onto the corpse of a murk, cursing at it in draconic. He cleaned his blade, but brought it close to at the ready.

He spoke to Falkor in draconic:


The last sentence he spoke more hopefully than anything else. He raised his eyes to the warrior, as well as the newcomers.

"Kalleth Korgash." He bowed stiffly, but not letting his eyes off the newcomers. "What are you doing in these woods?" His eyes turned to the drow. His teeth tightened. Servants of the Sovereign all of them, and shifty. Almost always scheming. "Thank you for your assistance, but who are you?"
avatar
synapse8193

Posts : 115
Join date : 2010-07-24

Character sheet
Name: Kalleth Korgash, AKA Kalleth Bloodscale, AKA Kalleth Grimcursed
Class and Level: 10th level Warblade
Hit Points:
97/141  (97/141)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Castle Ravenloft Adventure

Post  Red Ninja on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:26 pm

After bushing off the remains of the murk Veraun walked to the group and introduced himself.

"Veraun Del'Armgo of nowhere worth mentioning. Im glad i could help i happened to notice the fight as i traveled and hurried to help whatever traveler happened to be in duress! Imagine my suprise to see such a formidable group. i almost feel as though i was not needed." Veraun held his hand out in general to the group, his best smile on his face, and wondered who would take it first. "As for what im doing in Barovia... trying to find my fortune is all. I heard rumor of a castle untouched by the ages with a master just like it."

avatar
Red Ninja

Posts : 82
Join date : 2010-08-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Castle Ravenloft Adventure

Post  synapse8193 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:25 pm

Kalleth eyed him suspiciously; he would not trust the drow so easily, but he wouldn't reject the drow's hand. He would campaign with this drow, but his trust, as always, was for the earning, not for the taking.

"Well, you met with the right group, then," he said taking his hand. "Tell me, do you have any experience killing day-walking vampires? If so, you could be incredibly helpful."
avatar
synapse8193

Posts : 115
Join date : 2010-07-24

Character sheet
Name: Kalleth Korgash, AKA Kalleth Bloodscale, AKA Kalleth Grimcursed
Class and Level: 10th level Warblade
Hit Points:
97/141  (97/141)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Castle Ravenloft Adventure

Post  Red Ninja on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:38 am

"Tough crowd." Veraun thought noticing no smiles were about.

"Well," Veraun said hesitantly, "other than my sunny disposition... no. I can, however,cast many fire spells which are horribly effective against the undead."

Veraun then called to his raven familiar. An unusual pet for an underground race but he had long ago fell in love with its jet black feathers and the intelligence inherent in its kind. With silent orders he sent it flying to scout the surrounding land, now that he was aware of the vampires' ability to walk the daylight hours.

"SO! What are your names? What do you do for fun? Which of you holds the gold?" He asked looking for any reaction other than the usual stoic mistrust for his skin.
avatar
Red Ninja

Posts : 82
Join date : 2010-08-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Castle Ravenloft Adventure

Post  Jolly on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:15 am

Ilsine reaches into his satchel (which was NOT a fanny pack as those oafish dwarves had joked him) and pulls forth a small crystalline sliver. He touches it to the shimmering head of the Light of Brightwater and the crystal suddenly turns bright violet.

"For now, this is the best I can do. This shard holds a fragment of the Light's power: if you feel your mind slipping, you need only shatter it and it will be as if I had used my own magic."

OOC: Ilsine hasn't prepared any restoration spells today so instead he's given you what essentially amounts to a Potion of Owl's Wisdom. Using it is a swift action and grant you +4 Wisdom for 5 minutes.

He then heads over to the tombstones and examines them.

"What manner of men are buried in such a place as this?"

Anyone examing the tombstones
Spoiler:

Most of the stones are too worn to be read, but a few inscriptions still remain. Almost all seem to have been executed here. A newer looking stone reads "I.A." while the older stones read...

Neronius Wolfe, for the crime of arrogance before the Master
Alstarikras, for illict researches
Cinco of Sandefey, for advances upon one the Master's betrothed
B. Barkor-his crime was foolishness
Theodore Hushman, for grand theft against the Master

Oddly, the last grave seems to have been disturbed...almost as if something had clammered out of it.

"We should keep moving. This place..."he says, surveying the area, particularly the old gallows. "Remains unsafe. And night fall will be here soon. We can exchange pleasentries on the road."

"Well spoken, father," says Urrik as he taps the old man on the shoulder. "I must head to Barovia at once. But if you lot are heading off into the countryside, might I ask of you one more favor? If you see my companions, tell them that I await their return at the Blood on the Vine Tavern in town. You should be able to recognize them easily enough by the red badges of the Drifter that we wear. A dwarf, a half elf, and two humans."

With that Urrik puts his axe upon his shoulder and begins walking down the road you came, humming a marching tune of some kind. Veraun's raven swoops back down, landing on her master's shoulder and pecking softly at his head to get his attention, cawing something into his ear.

Veraun
Spoiler:
There is a woman with fiery red hair, wearing a green cloak and bearing arms and armor traveling along a game trail, off the road proper, apparently following the party from a good distance. Also, in the woods about 120 feet away there is are three wolves which seem to be watching the party.
avatar
Jolly
Admin

Posts : 160
Join date : 2010-07-16

Character sheet
Name:
Class and Level:
Hit Points:
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile http://legionrpg.englishboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Castle Ravenloft Adventure

Post  Chucklossus on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:46 am

"Good bye Sir Urrik, may the Master shield you"

"Thank you, father." Falcor takes the sliver from Ilsine and slips into his belt, looking toward the sky. "I agree I am much in need of rest but not till we find a more defensive position for the night, let us make hast."

Falcor stands walking towards Veraun, wanting to believe in his sincerity, "In this place and these desperate times, I am afraid such a joke is in poor taste Veraun Del'Armgo."

Falcor hefts his hammer to his left shoulder and holds it in his left, extending his right toward Veraun, "As I was telling Sir Urrik, My name is Falcor Bloodscale of the Drakenholm Temple of the Iron Master and I am a procurer and warrior in his service. And as such it is my sworn duty to meet out justice based upon ones own deeds, not by the actions in one's heritage. I hope my companions welcome you as I, for more fire is always welcome. But looking upon their faces I'm afraid they do not."

Having looked to all his companions, Falcor shifts his hammer to his right and continues down the road, glancing back at Veraun "I'm sorry but my curiosity cannot be quelled. Who is it you follow? Pray to?"

Chucklossus

Posts : 46
Join date : 2010-07-24

Character sheet
Name: Falcor Bloodscale
Class and Level: Monstrous Human lvl 7, Fighter lvl 3
Hit Points:
120/120  (120/120)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Castle Ravenloft Adventure

Post  synapse8193 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:36 am

Despite his brother's apparent ill humor and his general distrust of drow, Kalleth could not help but smirk at the drow's pun. Sunny dispostion. From a drow, in this place, that was almost hilarious. Kalleth turned from the drow still smirking, glancing at Ilsine as he began to speak, the wandering the graveyard a moment, idly gazing at the tombstones. He was assuming the Master wasn't the Iron Master, for sure.

"Executed criminals. People Strahd didn't like from the look of it. I.A....hmm. Wait...the dirt over this last one's unsettled. Keep an eye open and an ear attentive; there are probably more undead about." Kalleth turned back to Veraun as he heard the raven swoop back. "Unusual pet for a drow. More clever than most familiars too. Does the bird bring any news?"

Kalleth turned to his brother as he asked the drow's religious affiliation. "I believe you are right, we should probably keep moving...although, no...Strahd would not have had a graveyard for criminals against him consecrated. Master Ilsine, would you do the honors and usher the souls of the departed on? That said, I think Strahd can get through consecrated ground, but what of Kraven and the other vampires? Maybe not?"
avatar
synapse8193

Posts : 115
Join date : 2010-07-24

Character sheet
Name: Kalleth Korgash, AKA Kalleth Bloodscale, AKA Kalleth Grimcursed
Class and Level: 10th level Warblade
Hit Points:
97/141  (97/141)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Castle Ravenloft Adventure

Post  Jolly on Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:47 am

Ilsine makes the sign of his faith other the ancient graves and the party sets off, heading east towards the Tser River. As they do they feel a noticable chill in the air and an eerie wind blows.

Falcor
Spoiler:
The breeze to you seems to carry a voice which whispers of rage and madness, of screams and hot blood upon cold earth

Sun down comes early, roughly 5:00pm, just as the road enters a deepand forbidding wood.

Road to camp
Even though a road has been clearly worn through here, the woods in which you find yourself seem to deny you even this small comfort. The trees twist and bend in almost deliberate ways, seeking to obscure the sky and plunge you into ever increasing night. A thin mist lingers here, as if waiting for something. The insects do not chirp here, no owl breaks the silence—the only way you can be sure that the world is even still alive is the occasional snap of a twig or rustling in some bush.

Spot or Listen DC 18
Spoiler:
You are not alone in these woods. Not very long before sundown you began to notice movement around you, always in the distance and always very careful. As the sun slid below the horizon, whatever it is must have become more bold because now, every once in a while, you can just make out the glow of frightful red eyes, half-hidden behind a tree or bush.

Spot or Listen DC 22
Spoiler:
Whatever it is that is trailing you, it has friends. You noticed several sets of haunting red eyes peering at you from the darkened woods, though not even for an instant. Worse yet, you have seen the shifting of faint outlines in the black, as if the things were positioning themselves.

Spot or Listen DC 28
Spoiler:
Although you know more than one creature is following you, it would seem that more than one type of creature is as well. You can distinguish between the outlines of what you hope are quadrapeds, but occassionally you can clearly hear the footfalls of what sounds like a biped.
avatar
Jolly
Admin

Posts : 160
Join date : 2010-07-16

Character sheet
Name:
Class and Level:
Hit Points:
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile http://legionrpg.englishboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Castle Ravenloft Adventure

Post  Chucklossus on Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:17 am

Falcor clenches his eyes shut briefly, holds his ear to the wind and shudders. Looking down, "There is evil in the breeze, evil with primal urges."

He touches the center of his breastplate under which the crest of the Iron Master is branded upon his scaly chest and mutters, "Master shield them from what I may become"

Falcor begins to glance into the woods as he keeps his pace steady, "Do not be alarmed but we are being followed and surrounded by many things mostly beasts but maybe something more upright"

Falcor closes his eyes tightly once more and opens them suddenly to the extremes of their widths.

OCC: Falcor cast detect magic


Last edited by Chucklossus on Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added flair)

Chucklossus

Posts : 46
Join date : 2010-07-24

Character sheet
Name: Falcor Bloodscale
Class and Level: Monstrous Human lvl 7, Fighter lvl 3
Hit Points:
120/120  (120/120)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Castle Ravenloft Adventure

Post  Red Ninja on Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:49 am

Walking beside Kalleth, Veraun began,"Well... as for my religious views i follow the most high god of all... myself! Please dont bow. As you no doubt know most drow worship dark gods requiring chaos and malevolence. I simply want to carve out a ridiculously lavish existence for myself. As such i worship no one who cannot further my own means."

His raven alighted on his shoulder pecking his head for attention. "You'll find yourself a drumstick with much more of that." Veraun imparted to his bird. But the report he did indeed share with the others of his new found troupe, such as they were.

"The bird collaborates on master Falcor's feelings. There is a woman alone on a game trail not far from here following us. she has arms and various items. fiery red hair. and a desire to be devoured by the wolves not 40 yards from us." He asked pulling his sword from its sheath. "Master Kalleth, maybe the departed souls could wait while we attend our guests?"
avatar
Red Ninja

Posts : 82
Join date : 2010-08-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Castle Ravenloft Adventure

Post  synapse8193 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:46 pm

"Someone or something is going to strike you down for speaking like that one of these days," Kalleth chuckled jokingly, good-naturedly even, though he was already wary of someone who was admittedly so self-centered. The human smirked a little at the drow's threat to his bird, but his smile disappeared at the description of the followers. "A woman?" He swore in draconic.

he said in draconic. It took a second before he let his demeanor soften. "Strahd will not hurt her, and I would not like to see what he did to anything else that hurt her either. She is probably safer than any of us in these woods. That said, I would like for her to be closer, rather than farther." He dropped his voice, saying mostly to Veraun, who was close enough to hear him, "Any ideas on getting her to us without tipping our hand on the off chance those wolves don't know?"
avatar
synapse8193

Posts : 115
Join date : 2010-07-24

Character sheet
Name: Kalleth Korgash, AKA Kalleth Bloodscale, AKA Kalleth Grimcursed
Class and Level: 10th level Warblade
Hit Points:
97/141  (97/141)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Castle Ravenloft Adventure

Post  Red Ninja on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:55 am

"SIR!" Veraun remarked almost heatedly, but not loudly enough to startle. "Are you suggesting that because im drow I excel at subtle deceptions? At skulking around so that none know of my passing save the dead i leave in my wake?!"

He then smiled and dropped his voice to match Kalleth's. "Because I CAN become invisible to the hungry eye on a whim if you but give me direction."
avatar
Red Ninja

Posts : 82
Join date : 2010-08-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Castle Ravenloft Adventure

Post  Jolly on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:05 am

Falcor's draconic eyes spy a magical aura pushing through the shrubs. He quickly discovers that it is the energy emitting from the equipment of one fiery-haired maiden with a familiar face-Ireena.

Falcor
Spoiler:
There is powerful magic emanating from Ireena's sword, specifically the....hilt?

"Good evening, noble heroes...and drow. Funny running into you along this road. I was just on my way to speak with the Vistani sooth-sayer- I assume you're going the same route?"

Ireena walks boldly past the party with playfully high steps, leaning over to the dragonkin and whispering into his ear

Falcor
Spoiler:
Do not mistake me for a shrieking violet or a house maid, good sir knight.

"I'm being followed, just so you know, but I don't think they're interested in a fight. For now. We should hurry."

The canopy of mist and branches overhead suddenly gives way to open sky though you can notice by the light of the crescent moon that much of that sky is filled with black clouds. Before you a circle of colorful wagons and a scattering of tents are arranged around a dancing bonfire and a handful of men and women in colorful clothing sit quietly near the wagons. Beyond the camp a small lake reflects the angry sky above. One tent, situated towards the middle of the encampment, is noticeably much larger than all the others.

OOC: For brevity sake I'm going to assume you all head to the big tent, while watching your gear and holding onto your purses.

The old woman before you is enormous, for a moment appearing as more like an ogre or a small giant then the ancient wrinkled human she is. She hunches over a table that is dwarfed by her bulk and her black eyes gleam as she shuffles a deck of weather cards. Her fingers are long and bony and when she speaks her voice sounds like dry weeds.

Good evening, strange travelers. You have come, no doubt, to hear the words which no other can speak, the words of Madam Eva. Tell me, why do you brave these woods after the light has gone? What is it that you wish to know?”

OOC: Madam Eva has been added to the image section
avatar
Jolly
Admin

Posts : 160
Join date : 2010-07-16

Character sheet
Name:
Class and Level:
Hit Points:
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile http://legionrpg.englishboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Castle Ravenloft Adventure

Post  Red Ninja on Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:48 am

Whispering to Kalleth, "i would like to know why all sooth-sayers are wrinkled and old..." then to Madam Eva "I would like to know where to find gold in copious amounts."
avatar
Red Ninja

Posts : 82
Join date : 2010-08-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Castle Ravenloft Adventure

Post  Chucklossus on Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:53 am

Before entering the tent Falcor hesitates and catches Ireena's eye, signaling her to wait a moment, in a demure manner, "Milady Ireena, I meant no offense earlier, I just did not want to drag you through unnecessary peril after all you've been through. But I am happy to have you with us never the less."

Falcor then proceeds to join the party inside Madam Eva's tent, holding the flap open for Ireena.

Chucklossus

Posts : 46
Join date : 2010-07-24

Character sheet
Name: Falcor Bloodscale
Class and Level: Monstrous Human lvl 7, Fighter lvl 3
Hit Points:
120/120  (120/120)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Castle Ravenloft Adventure

Post  Jolly on Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:59 am

The old woman down into Veraun's eyes and gives a knowing grin.

"The heart of a Vistani beats within this one. If gold you seek, then you do not need my eyes to find it. Seek it in the castle upon the hill. Go there, as so many others have gone before you-perhaps you will fair better. Perhaps not."

Ilsine steps forward, along with Ireena, and both give a respectful bow.

"Madam Eva, we have traveled from Barovia following the tales of your divination prowess. We entreat you now to share your knowledge and aid us in our righteous quest. We wish to defeat Strahd and free this land from his shadow, but we must first know who and what he is."

The old crone rests her hands together and seems to ponder your request. “You walk a path most thorny, one walked many times before. Your questions bring with them danger, to you and to us. The master of the castle grants us protection, it is true, but his immunity is not without limitations. If you want answers, you must pay a heavy price.”

To this Kalleth steps forth and presents the flower he recieved earlier to the fortune teller.

“What form of sorcery is this? A Kiss of Violet, freshly picked it would seem. How many years has it been since these last grew here?” She takes the flower gently from your hand and examines it. “When I was a girl, the hillsides of this land would be painted every spring with these flowers, as if locked in an eternal twilight. But those days have long since past. And I am not the child I was. Your payment is acceptable. Come, sit. And let Madam Eva work her magic.”

A Vistani sitting in the corner of the tent rushes out the flap and comes back in carrying several stools, entreating you to sit. You gladly accept.

“To defeat the master of the castle you must first know him. And who better a teacher than the lord himself.”

Madam draws a card from the top of her deck and lays it face up before you. It depicts a king or emperor of some kind, crowned and sitting on a grim throne.

“There is a book, a tome, penned by Strahd himself which tells his sad tale. I have seen it in my dreams, bound in the blackened leather of the last man he ever called his friend. The book speaks of Strahd, and of the land.”

OOC: Brevity's sake demands that we not waste time waiting for people to post actions we all know are coming anyway, so forgive me if I seem to hijack your character for a second or two.

OOC: Ilsine has asked about Strahd's history. You can ask Madam Eva other questions which might be answerable via her divination-consider them carefully. Card descriptions are italicized for easy visualization of the whole scene. I will update with the results of the divination on Tuesday.
avatar
Jolly
Admin

Posts : 160
Join date : 2010-07-16

Character sheet
Name:
Class and Level:
Hit Points:
0/0  (0/0)

View user profile http://legionrpg.englishboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Castle Ravenloft Adventure

Post  Chucklossus on Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:20 am

Falcor stands, "My request is of a most personal nature." He approaches Madame Eva, momentarily glancing back sorrowfully to Kalleth. Turning his back toward the party, Falcor whispers into her ear at such a low tone that not even he can hear his own words,

Madame Eva
Spoiler:
Madame, I must implore you use your gift to give hope for what my heart longs for most dear. My brother, Kalleth, the man with the broad sword, as I'm sure you can tell is not as he appears but is Dragonkin as myself, but cursed by the Swordsman with his human frailty

OOC: I will be unable to post tomorrow but will catch up Sunday evening

Chucklossus

Posts : 46
Join date : 2010-07-24

Character sheet
Name: Falcor Bloodscale
Class and Level: Monstrous Human lvl 7, Fighter lvl 3
Hit Points:
120/120  (120/120)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Castle Ravenloft Adventure

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum